Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The price you pay to have your leg not go away

Arg! First, the medical records department is going to charge me $58 to send the disc with my X-rays and CAT scans from Memorial Sloan Kettering to my new doctor in Denver. That is bullshit. That is also more than I currently have in my checking account or on my credit card combined. Why do I have to pay for it? What about insurance? Or hell, if it’s on disc, couldn’t the nice medical centers just email the pertinent files? Second, Dr. Healey (my doctor at MSKCC) wants to see me on Monday. Yes, this Monday, as in five days from now. As in a $500 ticket from Denver to NYC. Why do these people think patients recovering from cancer have all this extra cash to go on last minute trips? Let me tell you, if I had that extra cash, I would put some of it towards shampoo and conditioner (the nice Aveda kind) because I’ve run out and have had to get creative with ways to wash my hair this week while waiting for payday on Friday. Oh, and the rest of it I’d use to take a trip somewhere pretty, not to the city I tried to leave three months ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home