Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Weeeee!

Exciting news to report, y'all!

On Monday Brian and I rode 15 miles along the South Platte River trail! FIFTEEN! It was a beautiful day and I felt so lucky and free to be zipping along the river. We saw ducks, geese, a little lizard (even though Brian claims there aren't lizards in Colorado--excuse me, what? He grew up here! It's a DRY state!), and a big snap turtle just loafing around in the middle of the side walk.

The Team Sarcoma ride will be minimum of 20 miles a day, but knowing I can do fifteen right now and still have a month and half to go, makes me feel much better.

Brian's sister, Christine, and I rode 10 miles yesterday. My knee started hurting when we were five miles out, and was swollen by the time we got home. But not too bad. (Don't worry!) I put my knee-icing maching on and it's fine this morning.

I am a little relieved to know there's a sag wagon on the ride, if my knee decides it's had enough. Though, I KNOW I won't need it.

In wedding planning news: My mom came into town over the weekend and we (along w/ Brian): visited the wedding site; had the tasting--they did such a great job with the orgininal entrees we asked them to create!!! Yum!; and picked out a hotel for out-of-towners. Good work, all around, team.

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoohooo! Go, Sara. :-) Just remember that the point is to enjoy the tour, not overdo it. You have to do just enough each day to feel accomplished while allowing you to enjoy the next day. Fun fun fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home