Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stupid Surgeons

Okay, I know he saved my leg and all, but seriously, if you were a world renowned surgeon, don’t you think you would make a habit of scheduling days off way in advance?! I specifically called last week to confirm my appointment for October 16th, only to get a call this morning saying the doctor will not be in that day. No chance, no way. Thanks. Of course I get this news only after booking my flight and having a friend ask a favor from an old client for a place for me to stay near the hospital. ::Sigh::

On the bright side, it didn’t cost a fortune to change the flight and now I’ll be in town for the Denver Improv Festival. AND I’ll get some answers about my puffy leg earlier (October 2nd). But still, RUDE.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, world class surgeons get to do that. Go figure! I don't think they feel sorry for it either. :P It sucks for us, but then again, it's a small price to pay to see someone who knows what he's doing. And getting an appointment even earlier is rare! I hope that you get some good information from him.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger randy said...

oh man... that sucks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home