Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Of Mouse and Bad Men


What exciting things is Sara up to on her 31st birthday today? WELL. Let me tell you the insanely adventurous thing I did today! You will never believe it; it is SO exciting and crazy…

I switched the primary and secondary buttons on my mouse so I’m using my LEFT hand to operate my mouse! CRAAAAZZZY TIME!!!

Who knew I’d turn so freakin’ WILD at 31? Who?! Not I.

I switched it because my right shoulder is hurting and every time I click my mouse it exacerbates the pain, so I TRICKED it by flippin’ sides an’ gettin’ all ambidextrous up on my computer, yo.

I guess this fact alone proves I have aged another year.

However, on the upside of aging (drum roll)…this week I will write two checks to pay of THE LAST OF A DECADE OF CREDIT CARD DEBT! Older, wiser, and richer, folks. Believe it. So while I’m not celebrating in Paris like on my 30th last year, 31 has turned out to be a grand mark in my life.

Tonight Brian is taking me to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Vesta’s, and then to a movie. Please don’t ask what movie. But I’ll tell you it’s gonna be a FLUFF movie with no sweeping artistic cinematography, no meaningful score designed to unnerve you, and no evil men fulfilling their darkest desires. No glimmer of hope for an Oscar nomination. That’s what I want to watch on my birthday.

I’ll tell you why. Because, after catching up on Oscar nominated movies and the latest art flicks I’m plain sick of watching stories about the darkest side of man. All these movies are depressing, with a majority of them highlighting protagonists who are simply BAD MEN. At first it was novel and interesting to have unhappy endings and plotlines with little to hope for (THERE WILL BE BLOOD, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, & BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU’RE DEAD), but now I want a cute storyline with a little comedy and romance and a hero I can root for!

Happy Birthday to all my Aquarius friends!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Doctor David said...

Happy Birthday!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Aubrey said...

CONGRATULATIONS on paying off your credit card debt! That IS an achievement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home