Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Monday, July 16, 2007

On the ride

Hello from Middlebury Vermont! I'm still in bike clothes and filthy after our 32 mile ride today, but I wanted to take time to blog since I didn't find time to say, "I'm on my way!" before I left last Friday. What can I say?

I am GIDDY with joy! I love, love, love this experience so far. I love bicycling, I love Vermont, and I love all the wonderful people involved--from our kick-ass tour guides who I want to be like, to all the beautiful individuals and families here because of their sarcoma experiences.

Saturday, July 13 (16 miles)

Mom and I spent the morning shopping in Burlington, then went to the hotel to register and get our bikes and took off on our first "warm-up" ride of 16 miles around the lake. It was an easy and beautiful ride and a great start to the week.

Sunday July 14 (28 miles)

It was a long, intense day. Mom and I had a rough start to the ride, got a little lost, and felt like we spent the whole day catching up to the rest of the riders. It was a hot, sunny ride with lots of big hills. Then we were up until 11pm because we all shared our stories after dinner. That part was great--hearing everyone's story, but it made for an exhausting day, physically and emotionally.

Monday July 15 (32 miles)

A truly amazing day. A challenging, but beautiful ride with good spirits and good riding buddies--all in all just a total feeling of bliss for this gift of being able to cycle and be part of this Team Sarcoma event. I'm going to teach restorative yoga tonight here at the Middlebury Inn.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Sara, it sounds like you had such a good time! All that cycling - what an accomplishment. I wish I could have come to see you guys. Things worked out the way they should have though. *sigh* That picture of Vermont looks amazing. I'm jealous! :-) Guess what...I've started meditating. hehe. Not much yoga though, my body just doesn't do that well. I do love child's pose though! SO soothing. HUGS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home