Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Feelin' good

Leg update: I grew bored of waiting for the pain in my leg to go away, and decided it might help my knee to take an easy bike ride to loosen up the joint. I was right! While walking still hurts a little on and off, it turns out my leg LOVES biking. Which is GREAT, because so do I! Yay!

So, here’s the thing about me: I have a few strong beliefs about how I should live my life. A basic core belief is non-harming, which to me goes beyond not punching or stabbing people when they piss me off, and means being vegetarian, being responsible to the planet in my choices, even saving the bugs that find our way into our home (which, probably rightfully, drives Brian NUTS!), etc. But besides being vegetarian, I often find myself too lazy to act on my beliefs, which then breeds guilt. (It’s much better to not have beliefs to follow, because then there’s no guilt when you don’t succeed!) :-) But TODAY I’m living life as I imagine, and it feels good. I:

1. Rode my bike to work (what a fun way to start the day!)
2. I’m drinking an cold-pressed coffee WITHOUT milk (I know, I’m also a little crazy, evident by the fact I list this as a success).
3. I packed my lunch today.
4. And I finally signed up for Door-to-Door Organics, and my second bitty box of local, organic produce will be delivered to my door tomorrow! (This made SUCH a difference in my life last week with my first box. With all that fresh produce needing my attention, I was pressured not to let it go to waste and made many more healthy meals at home than usual, instead of eating packaged meals or ordering out.)
5. I also won my bid for a food processor off ebay today, the first instrument in getting more raw meals into my life after being inspired by the Raw Food class Aubrey and I took in Vail on Saturday. (Fun! Delicious! And just a little bit hilarious. More on the raw food class later…).

Now if only I could get my butt out of bed a half hour early each morning for a wee bit of yoga and meditation. Oh, and keep up with the real news. And go to bed earlier. And get birthday and thank you cards out in a timely fashion. And finish the book I started writing last year. And not surf the internet so much... ::sigh:: One step at a time...

In Team Sarcoma 2007 fundraising news: I received my first donation! Thank you so much, Rhonda! To help me in my quest, please click here. Or, if you're a friend or family member and know my mailing address, you can write a check out to "FJC" and mail it to me. Thank you for your support!

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Aubrey said...

Ahhhhh...... guilt. But you got your food processor? How EXCITING!!!!!! (jealous)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home