Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Magic!

Brian and I rode THIRTY miles yesterday to the Cherry Creek Reservoir and back! It was a glorious ride, and even though Brian got a flat tire, he was prepared with his tire-repair kit (I was so impressed) so it didn’t even detract from our day (so unlike a car tire flat). And, while I definitely felt wobbly afterward, I regained my energy pretty quickly and my leg is fine today. WOO HOO! Next time we ride there, we’ll make sure to bring our swim suits.
New gadgets that have helped my rides:
1. Padded bike shorts (my bum thanks me)
2. CamelBak (makes hydration SO much easier)
3. Sporty sunglasses (keeps the sun and bugs out of my eyes—yay!)
4. Clif Blocks (like gummy bears for outdoor enthusiasts)

Another highlight of this weekend: I made a totally raw, organic, vegan “cheese” out of almonds. It was like magic. I also made a raw marinara sauce from scratch. I put them together over peeled zucchini, for a fresh meal of Raw Zucchetti. Even Brian liked it! Success!

All in all, looking back where I was last July, my life feels flipped 180. And it feels good.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Youngstan said...

That's some top-notch biking Sara! Awesome. Let's go for a ride when I'm in Colorado!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Doctor David said...

So nice to hear things are going well! Keep up the good work!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Aubrey said...

Hehehe. Did Brian KNOW it was all raw???? Did he have it with a side of sausage?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home