Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Ready to go

My Grandma was passing through town today on her vacation. It was so nice to see her! We went to the Boulder Tea House for lunch, had a lovely drive through the mountains, and then got some good laughs at Impulse Theater. (Grandma: "That was wild!") It turns out my Grandma has been donating money to MSKCC for years. Weird. I asked her how she randomly picked that hospital to donate to, and she said she chose it because there’s been so much cancer in the family. I didn’t even know about our history of cancer until this year. (Reminds me I have to go see that genetics counselor.)

Anywho, I leave for NYC tomorrow for my three month checkup with Dr. Healey. I realized today that I’ve been kind of anxious about it all week, and now I’m getting a migraine (I should really step away from the computer—ow). Life is always an unknown path, but it’s never more unknown then when you are going in for scans and a follow-up. I would like my future to be that I’ll get clearance to get off crutches again. BUT. You never know.

Hope, as they say, is the flip-side of fear. ("They" being Buddhists, and they say it more eloquently, but that’s the gist). And you can’t live your life in fear, right? Thus, in place of hope or fear I have a migraine. (Ha!)

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like you have been doing so well with the crutches...day in and day out, not mentioning them much! I guess it becomes a part of your life, unfortunately. I hope that the doc can really tell you what's going on and can suggest the best course of action for a full recovery. If that means crutches for a while longer, I'm sure you'll do it well. More joke material? HUGS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home