Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Engage!

I swear this new doctor I’m seeing, Dr. Blaich, is a miracle worker. People can say what they will about the validity of applied kinesiology, but all I know is…it’s working!

Today I went in concerned about pain in my left thigh and knee. The muscle hasn't been building back for as much as I’ve been trying. Every time I try to exercise lately there has been at least a little pain and swelling and I haven't been able to extend my leg without crazy-gross kneecap crunching. So, it’s been very discouraging as far as trying to exercise without pain. He did some muscle testing and determined that my quads were not even engaged. He suspected my body was still treating all the nails and metal plates as injuries and shut down the muscles around that area as a result. He did a few pressure point massages and other things that seemed like voodoo, and a few minutes later, I could feel a dramatic difference in my leg’s ability to resist pressure. What’s even better is a half hour later I didn’t feel any pain in my leg!!! It's so rare in life to enjoy immediate results...and so satisfying. Yay!

I’ve been seeing him for a month now and I’ve noticed a dramatic difference in all the other areas of health I went in for help with as well: digestion (he diagnosed me as soy and dairy intolerant--egads thats frusterating, especially as a vegetarian!); energy and mood (he said my adrenals were shot and gave me a supplement that made me feel clearer and happier within a week); and my neck and shoulder pain that was causing headaches. Hooray for skilled holistic healers…and for working enough jobs to pay for them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home