Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brick. House.















Exciting news, everyone! Brian and I BOUGHT A HOUSE! As long as everything goes smoothly with the closing this Friday, we will be homeowners! Yes, that’s right; I’ve elected to never again be able to walk by overgrown plants, cracked sinks, and broken screen doors with a blind eye. This is a serious amount of responsibility.

I need to quickly and miraculously learn how to xeriscape, and foster an until-now-dormant green thumb.

On the plus side, we now have an investment. This home is ours and we will reside here for a loooong time. Which means, I get to decorate, paint, and put up shelves with the zeal of a Pottery Barn catalog designer.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Aubrey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It is BEAUTIFUL! I had so much fun gardening when we bought a house. How fun!

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! What a lovely home! I started out decorating gung-ho, but then I realized that we may only be here for five years, and I had sunk a lot of money into it, so now I go a little slower. But the painting and decorating is so much fun! I'm planning on doing more in the winter when I'm tired of being stuck inside. :-)

ENJOY, ENJOY!!! That is definitely something to celebrate! And I have learned it is something to take lightly, because we both know that things aren't the important part of life. We are actually giving our house over to house sitters for FOUR MONTHS this fall! All of our belongings will be in the care of someone else...and we will be on the road, socializing, enjoying New Hampshire in the fall. It took a lot for me to make that decision, but once I did...I'm so excited!

Anyway, enough about me - congrats to you both!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

Love it! How wonderful for you two. You will have a great time decorating. Enjoy.

With our love,
Grandpa and Leanne

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Sara and Brian it is gorgeous !!!! So open and I can tell even from the pictures on your blog it has character . when you start to decorate..- sit in the room and vision your color scheme where you will put this and that and then it will all come into your mind what is your style. What a fun time in both of your lives.I am so happy for you both. xoxo Love Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home