Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Lovely Diary Challenge

I was inspired today by a Danish girl who is fighting liver cancer. Each day she writes an entry in her "secret diary" and in such a happy tone. Almost every day is a “lovely” day. Her entries are short and concise and so positive. I would like to try that and see if I can write a short simple entry every day. "The Lovely Diary Challenge."

Here goes:

Dear Diary,

Today was a lovely day. I felt really lucky for the life I have. I started my day by biking and it felt like vacation rather than a work day. Shouldn’t every day feel like vacation, work or no? I hope to ride 10 miles a day three days a week and then do a 20-30 mile ride on Saturdays or Sundays. (I’m pretending I’m training for Team Sarcoma, even though I can’t go this year.) I was able to support Mary in her Team Sarcoma ride today, which is exciting since she’s the one that made that magical experience possible for me last year!

We are house hunting and I’ve become quite obsessed. I’m trying to learn the balance between effort and letting go. I’m searching for something like “effortless action.”

I need to write about the Case of the Missing Bike Miracle, a story many of you probably already know, but I’d still like to document.

Love,

Sara

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger empy said...

So - you're not going on a bike tour, and you're training. I'm going on a bike tour, not biking and not training. Haha! You know what my training is? Walking meditation. I'm trying to do that daily. Otherwise, lately I have been working a ton on the computer and getting little exercise. Jason and I do try and find a hike to do together on the weekends. That can be a little complicated in our flat town!

It was really funny to see you in the pink. My first thought was "Wow, that is a different side of Sara! Wait...is that Sara?" Then I figured out that it had to be a character. You two must be very different! :-)

Thank you, thank you! I am having fun planning a local event, an online event, and going to Europe. I don't know what got into me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home