Bone-a-fide

True tales of life after bone cancer.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Home again

I have returned from NYC. It's such an exciting city--I got that feeling I want to be here, to be a part of this! I love its energy, but realized (again) that I don’t have that kind of energy right now. So it works out. As if to prove it, my shoulders feel like two giant bricks from all the avenues and blocks of crutching around. Plus, it’s freakin’ expensive there.

BUT. It was a super fun seeing my good friends and eating delicious food (the two things I miss most about The Big City!).

So. My appointment with Dr. Healey:
He wants me to stay on crutches for six more weeks.
They have no idea why I’m having pain or puffiness (great, thanks).
The good news is whatever is causing the pain and puffiness, it’s not one of the five big things to worry about. It’s NOT: recurrence (hallelujah!), mal-union, infection, fracture, or “catastrophic hardware failure.” Yay!

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl! That is good news! This is your official welcome to the limb salvage world, where doctors do crazy-complicated surgeries on us, and then look at us confused and say "Oh, you feel WHAT? I don't know why you feel that!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home